The internet was quick to respond to the Tesco horsemeat scandal, and a lot of horse-related jokes filled our newsfeed.
Here is our list of the best:
- don’t know what all the fuss is about, tesco say burger sales are stable
- Due to the closure of HMV and Blockbuster, you can now buy Steven Spielberg’s ‘War Horse’. At the butcher section in Tesco’s.
- think someones trying to threaten me. Woke up this morning with a tesco burger on my pillow
- Tesco Horse Burger…what’s next? My Lidl Pony?
- To eat, or not to eat, a Tesco burger that is equestrian
- I’m fed up working on the meat counter in Tesco….I just feel like I’m flogging a dead horse
- A Tesco burger walks into a bar and says “Can I have a drink?” Bartender: “pardon?” Burger: “Sorry, I’m a little bit horse.”
- Tesco – unexpected item in bagging area
- Apparently veggie burgers have tested positive for uniquorn
- Tesco are now accepting HMV vouchers, although they now stand for Horse Meat Vouchers